Re: Checking data checksums...

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Checking data checksums...
Date: 2016-12-17 21:34:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/16/16 5:07 AM, marin(at)kset(dot)org wrote:

> I enabled data checksums (initdb --data-checksums) on a new instance and
> was wandering is there a command in the psql console, or from the linux
> console, to force a checksum check on the entire cluster and get error
> reports if it finds some corrupted pages.

The newest release of pgBackRest (http://www.pgbackrest.org) will
validate all data checksums whenever doing a backup. Invalid checksums
are reported in the backup log and recorded in the backup manifest.

The functionality requires a companion library that has not made it into
the community Debian/RHEL packages yet, but should be available soon.

--
-David
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net