Re: Database schema changes tools

From: Thomas Kellerer <shammat(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database schema changes tools
Date: 2022-10-19 16:04:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

edi mari schrieb am 19.10.2022 um 14:25:
> Hi All,
> Are you using database schema change tools to manage your Postgres, like Flyway, Liquibase, and DBmaestro ?
> Can you please recommend or disrecommend

We are using Liquibase exclusively.

Some projects require support for multiple database, which is quite easy to do with Liquibase's XML format.

For single-DBMS projects we use Liquibase's "annotated SQL" format, which means we are writing SQL scripts
that can also be run without Liquibase (which makes testing them easier)

Thomas