Re: PANIC in heap_delete during ALTER TABLE

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PANIC in heap_delete during ALTER TABLE
Date: 2022-09-20 18:32:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, 2022-09-07 at 14:53 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I attached a hasty patch that seems to fix it. I'll need to look more
> closely later, and I'll also need some review because there have been
> multiple bugs in this area.

I plan to commit something close to this patch in about 48 hours and
backport to 12, like 5f12bc94dc was.

I would prefer if I was able to repro on 13 first, and some review
would be nice given the area involved and how close we are to release.
But it seems like fixing a bug is better than not. If someone thinks
this is the wrong time to commit and wants me to hold off, please let
me know.

Regards,
Jeff Davis