Re: Enough RAM for entire Database.. cost aside, is this

From: "Andy B" <abhousehuntRE-M--O--V-E(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enough RAM for entire Database.. cost aside, is this
Date: 2004-07-08 19:19:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Ok, this is very interesting. I had assumed that PG's cache already built up
such in memory structures from the data it gets off disk (aka OS buffer, God
willing).

Which particular DB's out there would be worth checking out for my
particular 'all in RAM scenario'?

(Though I need geographical index support or the ability to add my
own...that was the thing that originally made me look at PG - that and
having tried to use Mysql)