Function problem

From: Domen Šetar <domen(dot)setar(at)izum(dot)si>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Function problem
Date: 2024-08-13 09:56:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Admins

I'm using pgbouncer in my postgresql installation. For authorization purposese I use function public.lookup (https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/pgbouncer-authentication-made-easy/) which is defined for each database. Since we upgraded postgresql from V14 to V16 I have problems when migrating database from one instance to another: authentication doesn't work. I have to drop function and define it again on database to make authentication work. Any idea why ?

Best regards!
[izum]

Domen Šetar
Computer Systems Support
IZUM - Institute of Information Science | Prešernova ulica 17 | 2000 Maribor | Slovenia
T: +386 2 25 20 339 | M: +386 41 676 342 | www.izum.si<http://www.izum.si> | domen(dot)setar(at)izum(dot)si<mailto:domen(dot)setar(at)izum(dot)si>