Re: Add statistics refresh materialized view

From: Said Assemlal <sassemlal(at)neurorx(dot)com>
To: Seino Yuki <seinoyu(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add statistics refresh materialized view
Date: 2024-07-04 15:43:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> However, as you said, for most use cases, pg_stat_statements and
> log_statement may be sufficient.
> I would like to withdraw this proposal.

Well, they either require extensions or parameters to be set properly.
One advantage I see to store those kind of information is that it can be
queried by application developers (users are reporting old data for
example).

We currently have to rely on other ways to figure out if materialized
views were properly refreshed.