Re: Scheme conversion MySQL to PGSQL

From: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
To: Michelle Konzack <michelle(dot)konzack(at)tamay-dogan(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Scheme conversion MySQL to PGSQL
Date: 2017-12-24 21:25:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Michelle,

On 12/24/2017 1:20 PM, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Igal
>
> Am 2017-12-24 hackte Igal @ Lucee.org in die Tasten:
>> I am doing a similar thing migrating from SQL Server, and I am
>> considering to publish an open source Migrator.
>>
>> Can you tell me about some of the data types that you had to change
>> moving from MySQL to Postgres?
> I convert only those four CREATE TABLE from mySQL to pgSQL which
> is the forum pluging for squirrelmail.
>
> auto_increment -> serial
> int(NN) -> int
> datetime -> timestamptz (attention: it is NOT timestamp)
> longtext -> text

Thank you.  My migration tool (written in Java) already supports
migrating a SQL Server database to Postgres with most data types.

Perhaps I will improve it further when I have some more time to support
MySQL source databases as well, in which case I will use the information
that you sent as a starting point.

Best,

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer