Re: [RFC] Clang plugin for catching suspicious typedef casting

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [RFC] Clang plugin for catching suspicious typedef casting
Date: 2023-08-09 13:23:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03.08.23 18:56, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> I would like to get your opinion, folks. Does it sound interesting
> enough for the community, is it worth it to pursue the idea?

I think it's interesting, and doesn't look too invasive.

Maybe we can come up with three or four interesting use cases and try to
implement them. BlockNumber vs. Buffer type checking is obviously a bit
marginal to get anyone super-excited, but it's a reasonable demo.

Also, how stable is the plugin API? Would we need to keep updating
these plugins for each new clang version?