Advice on binary installation

From: "Zwettler Markus (OIZ)" <Markus(dot)Zwettler(at)zuerich(dot)ch>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Advice on binary installation
Date: 2021-04-13 12:43:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

We assume to get more than 100 Postgres clusters in the future.

We will get a very heterogeneous binary installation basis if we install needed extensions (e.g. ip4r) or software (e.g. patroni) on a per project basis.

There could be even more incompatibility problems otherwise if we install all global needed extensions or software with every project to get a homogenous binary installation.

Software installation is done with yum using PGDG downstream channels.

Any recommendations?

Thanks, Markus