Re: pgstattuple: fix free space calculation

From: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
To: Frédéric Yhuel <frederic(dot)yhuel(at)dalibo(dot)com>, Rafia Sabih <rafia(dot)pghackers(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgstattuple: fix free space calculation
Date: 2024-08-30 12:06:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 8/29/24 4:53 PM, Frédéric Yhuel wrote:
> So I think we should just use PageGetExactFreeSpace().

I agree, I feel that is the least surprising behavior because we
currently sum tiny amounts of free space that is unusable anyway. E.g.
imagine one million pages with 10 free bytes each, that looks like 10
free MB so I do not see why we should treat the max tuples per page case
with any special logic.

Andreas