documentation about explicit locking

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: documentation about explicit locking
Date: 2018-07-04 07:09:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi.

I wonder why we mention on the following page that CREATE COLLATION
requires SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE lock

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/explicit-locking.html

I know that's the lock taken on the pg_collation catalog, but do we need
to mention locks taken by a DDL command on the catalogs it affects? All
other commands mentioned on the page require to specify the table name
that the lock will be taken on.

Thanks,
Amit