disabling transactions

From: Yves Dorfsman <x(at)x(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: disabling transactions
Date: 2000-07-08 23:47:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Is there any way to disable transactions on some databases in postgreSQL ?

The reason I'm asking is because I need a very fast read only DB. So I'm
thinking of having the real DB fully functional, and once or twice a day
dump it into a non-transactional read-only one, for the read only side of
the world.

If I can't do it with postgres, I'm thinking of using mySQL for the read
only part, but I would much prefer to use postgres, since I'm using it on
the read/write side.

Thanks,

Yves.
----
Yves Dorfsman dorfsmay(at)cuug(dot)ab(dot)ca
http://www.cuug.ab.ca/~dorfsmay