Seeking Insights on Roll-out Process for Multiple PyPI Packages

From: Jan-Hendrik Lorenz <jan-hendrik(dot)lorenz(at)tngtech(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Seeking Insights on Roll-out Process for Multiple PyPI Packages
Date: 2023-06-02 09:10:05
Lists: psycopg

Dear Psycopg mailing list members,

I'm reaching out to inquire about the roll-out process for managing two
PyPI packages from a single source repository,
similar to the setup employed by the Psycopg Python package (psycopg2
and psycopg2-binary).

As I work on a project with a comparable requirement, I would greatly
appreciate any insights the Psycopg team can offer in this regard.
Specifically, I'm interested in the following:

1) How did the Psycopg team handle deploying and distributing two
PyPI packages from a single source repository?
2) Were there any challenges encountered during the roll-out
process, and if so, how were they addressed?
3) Are there any recommended tools, scripts, or configuration
adjustments for effectively managing the two PyPI packages?

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you need more information
or have any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Best regards,

Jan-Hendrik Lorenz
--
Dr. Jan-Hendrik Lorenz * Software Consultant *
jan-hendrik(dot)lorenz(at)tngtech(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size
OpenPGP_0xF1E62C3A5FD7DBB8.asc application/pgp-keys 3.1 KB