Re: does postgresql backup require additional space on disk

From: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: does postgresql backup require additional space on disk
Date: 2019-05-13 20:54:35
Lists: pgsql-general

8 is very old but in 9.4 the doc says

The fourth form (your example) changes the default tablespace of the
database. Only the database owner or a superuser can do this; you must
also have create privilege for the new tablespace. This command
*physically moves* any tables or indexes in the database's old default
tablespace to the new tablespace. Note that tables and indexes in
non-default tablespaces are not affected