Re: Postgres Printed Manuals

From: "Robert James" <srobertjames(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: harding(dot)ian(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Printed Manuals
Date: 2007-05-17 20:41:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/17/07, Ian Harding <harding(dot)ian(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I did have to change one a bit, I hope the breaks aren't in bad spots.

Did you just split it into 3 portions, or did you include the TOC and index
in each one, and drop the Release notes/appendixes?

This could be done so much better if there were a profit motivation,
> but I think this is pretty acceptable.

There is! - Put a nice one together and take the profit. I'm sure
you can get a link off the
postgresql.org site. You're helping the community, and making a
profit while you do it.
(I think you should an include a list of what exactly is included in each
volume - (Example: Volume II is TOC, Reference, and Index, pages 1-35,
503-912, and 1651-end of http://postgresql.org/...original.pdf)

http://www.lulu.com/iharding