Re: default_tablespace in 8.3 postgresql

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Julie Nishimura <juliezain(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: default_tablespace in 8.3 postgresql
Date: 2019-05-15 22:35:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/15/19 3:28 PM, Julie Nishimura wrote:
> Nope, I did not...
>
> pg_roles only shows "rolconfig" as {default_transaction_read_only=true}
> for some users...
>
> The only other commands I ran between creation of tablespace and alter
> dbs are:
>
> grant all on tablespace vol4 to public;
> grant create on tablespace vol4 to public;

The only thing I have left, assuming it will not interfere is:

BEGIN;

ALTER DATABASE template1
SET default_tablespace = default;

Check pg_database

ROLLBACK;

That may help confirm whether template1 is the culprit. More for
completeness sake as 8.3 is 6 years past EOL, so there is not much that
can be done about it.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com