Re: migration of 100+ tables

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Julie Nishimura <juliezain(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: migration of 100+ tables
Date: 2019-03-11 04:15:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On 3/10/19 9:07 PM, Julie Nishimura wrote:
> Oh, this is great news! Yay, thanks!

Just be aware, where -n = --schema:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/app-pgdump.html

"
Note

When -n is specified, pg_dump makes no attempt to dump any other
database objects that the selected schema(s) might depend upon.
Therefore, there is no guarantee that the results of a specific-schema
dump can be successfully restored by themselves into a clean database.
"

So any relationships across schema will not be preserved.