postgresql8.0 and postgis1.0.0

From: Pritesh Shah <pritesh(dot)krish(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, postgis-users(at)postgis(dot)refractions(dot)net
Subject: postgresql8.0 and postgis1.0.0
Date: 2005-02-16 09:09:11
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,

I'm trying to backup a server and restore it on a different machine
with newer versions of postgresql and postgis. Dumps have been created
for the following versions from the old database server:

Postgresql 7.4.6
Postgis 0.8.2

Now since both the packages have released newer versions i've
installed the following on my newer machine where i would like to
restore the dumped databases.

Postgresql 8.0.1 and
Postgis 1.0.0

For restoring the information i'm using

psql -e -f abc.sql template1

While restoring the dumps i've collected the following information
where the problem occurs:

..
..
..
CREATE FUNCTION histogram2d_in(cstring) RETURNS histogram2d
AS '$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.8', 'histogram2d_in'
LANGUAGE c STRICT;
psql:abc.sql:3947: ERROR: could not access file
"$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.8": No such file or directory
..
..
..

I understand that this is due to the following:

libpostgis.so.8.0 is now liblwgeom.so.1.0 and also

histogram2d_in is now lwhistogram2d_in
histogram2d_out is now lwhistogram2d_out and so on.

Now my problem is there are a lot of databases that use the postgis
stuff (like the histogram2d_in) which has changed from the older
version to the newer version. What do i do to overcome this problem??
Can somebody help me out with this??

Cheers,
Pritesh