copy command - date

From: novice <user(dot)postgresql(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: copy command - date
Date: 2007-08-13 00:25:59
Lists: pgsql-general

What is the best method to load the following?
I'm having trouble loading the date field. Should I convert it first
or should I be using a text processor before loading the data in?

3665 OK SM 07/07/13 06:09
5162 OK SM 07/02/12 06:10
3665 OK SM 07/06/19 06:10

Table "pm.maintenance"
Column | Type |
Modifiers
maintenance_id | integer | not null default
nextval('maintenance_maintenance_id_seq'::regclass)
meter_id | integer |
status | character(11) |
inspection_date | timestamp with time zone |
"maintenance_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (maintenance_id)

Thanks!