Writing output to a file

From: Chris Gordon <thegordonemail(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Writing output to a file
Date: 2005-11-30 01:18:31
Lists: pgsql-general

I am coming from Oracle & mySQL. In Oracle I can use

spool foo.txt

<SQL>

spool off

After this the file foo.txt shows everything the screen showed. If I had
echo on it will show the command and results. If I turn on timing it shows
there too.

With mySQL similarly I can use tee foo.txt and notee;

I have used \o foo.txt and it seems to write significantly less than what I
see on the screen. Has anyone had experience with this?

--
The Gordons
TheGordonEmail(at)gmail(dot)com