Re: Repeatable Read Isolation Level "transaction start time"

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Repeatable Read Isolation Level "transaction start time"
Date: 2024-09-24 16:16:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On 9/24/24 09:12, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Makes sense.  Never would have occurred to me to try and change the
> isolation level using a second SET TRANSACTION statement, though.

From the docs:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-set-transaction.html

The SET TRANSACTION command sets the characteristics of the current
transaction. It has no effect on any subsequent transactions. SET
SESSION CHARACTERISTICS sets the default transaction characteristics for
subsequent transactions of a session. These defaults can be overridden
by SET TRANSACTION for an individual transaction.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com