Re: Detemine database size on Postgres 8.0

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Detemine database size on Postgres 8.0
Date: 2009-03-02 17:52:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a database server which is on version 8.0.12.  I was wondering if
> anyone knows of a way to tell the size of each database?

Back in the olden days when I was on 8.0 I would just use du -sh to find out.

sudo su - postgres
cd $PGDATA/base
oid2name
du -sh *

and match them up. yeah, I had a script that made it prettier but
that worked fine.

If you're on windows I don't know what to tell you about doing these
things from the shell.