TRAP: FailedAssertion("HaveRegisteredOrActiveSnapshot()", File: "toast_internals.c", Line: 670, PID: 19403)

From: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: TRAP: FailedAssertion("HaveRegisteredOrActiveSnapshot()", File: "toast_internals.c", Line: 670, PID: 19403)
Date: 2022-03-27 18:32:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On master I got a FailedAssertion("HaveRegisteredOrActiveSnapshot()"
on an assert-enabled instance and with (I think) data over a certain length.

I whittled it down to the attached bash (careful - it drops stuff). It
has 5 tsv-data lines (one long line) that COPY slurps into a table. The
middle, third line causes the problem, later on. Shortening the long
line to somewhere below 2000 characters fixes it again.

More info in the attached .sh file.

If debug-assert is 'off', the problem does not occur. (REL_14_STABLE
also does not have the problem, assertions or not)

thanks,

Erik Rijkers

Attachment Content-Type Size
bugsnapshot.sh application/x-shellscript 7.1 KB