Re: Memory and hard ware calculation :

From: Fabio Pardi <f(dot)pardi(at)portavita(dot)eu>
To: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Memory and hard ware calculation :
Date: 2019-01-22 08:11:15
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Hi,

As per '1100 concurrent connections' I think you want to have a close
look to your CPU.

It looks to me a lot of connections, much more than what 8 cores can
handle and you will probably end up in a situation where your CPU spends
a lot of time in handling the connections rather than serving them.

regards,

fabio pardi