split to table by space

From: Jamie Kahgee <jamie(dot)kahgee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: split to table by space
Date: 2010-01-03 01:35:48
Lists: pgsql-general

I need a function like regexp_split_to_table where I can split a string to a
table by a space delimiter.

so:

Please Help Me

would convert to:

Please
Help
Me

However I'm stuck working w/ version 8.2.9, so I don't have the
regexp_split_to_table function. Is there any good functions that can handle
this in my version that I am unaware of? Or does anyone know how to write
an easy function to handle this in in plpgsql or something?

Thanks,
Jamie K.