PG minor version in data directory?

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG minor version in data directory?
Date: 2023-08-19 01:36:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hiyas,

Anyone know if there's a good way to tell what *minor* version
of PostgreSQL a data directory has been run with?

eg 15.3 vs 15.4

Am working on some "automatic upgrade" stuff, and I'm only aware
of the major version being tracked in PGDATA/PG_VERSION.

If the minor version is already tracked somewhere as well, that
would be extremely useful for my use case.

Otherwise, I'll have to start manually adding info to track it.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift