Re: psycopg3 transactions

From: Reuben Rissler <silrep(at)emypeople(dot)net>
To: psycopg(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psycopg3 transactions
Date: 2021-10-13 12:20:54
Lists: psycopg

<snip>
> I think we can improve the documentation there by extending more about
> the effects of the interaction between DBAPI transactions and the
> transaction() blocks. And things are definitely more intuitive if
> transaction() is used in autocommit: we might want to advise people to
> do that.
>
> Suggestions are welcome.
>
> -- Daniele

I find this new behavior of psycopg(3) more sane, even if less
?intuitive?, than the behavior of psycopg2. I had run across the fact
that you can close the cursor and then commit afterwards. I found this
odd, as I would have guessed closing a cursor with uncomitted data would
have thrown the data away.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually used the new psycopg. I just actively
follow this mail list while continuing to use psycopg2.

Reuben Rissler