Postgres (selection of thesis topic)

From: "Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet(dot)dhaliwal01(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres (selection of thesis topic)
Date: 2007-05-02 06:23:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I'm kind of new to postgresql and the project that I'm working on currently
deals with parsing emails, storing parsed components in postgresql DB and
fire triggers
on certain inserts that opens socket connection with a unix tools server,
initiates tools like whois, traceroute etc and unix tools server opens ODBC
connection back to same
postgres database and stores the results fetched from running the unix
tools.

In this regard, I have to start working on some thesis topic related to the
postgres database that we are using in the project. It can be in conjunction
with email parsing on unix tools but the theme of the thesis topic should
revolve around postgres database.

I have done alot of homework on this and could think of something like "bulk
of data storage in email parsing and how vacuuming it would increase the
performance" because i think this vacuum DB concept is not there in other
RDBMS. This is just a petty topic but i was thinking something on these
lines.

I have no clue what other options or topics do I have write to start writing
my thesis on.
Any kind of help would be highly appreciated in this regard.

Thanks,
~Harpreet