Should we eliminate or reduce HUP from docs?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Should we eliminate or reduce HUP from docs?
Date: 2017-03-10 19:57:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I am a bad speaker, I am writing a talk three weeks before the
conference (as opposed to on the plane). I noticed in the docs we still
reference the passing of SIGHUP for reloading conf file but we now have
pg_reload_conf();

It seems the use of pg_reload_conf() would provide a better canonical
interface to our users. Especially those users who are not used to
interacting with the OS (Windows, Oracle etc...) for databases.

Sincerely,

JD
--
Command Prompt, Inc. http://the.postgres.company/