Postgres performance

From: bertolima(at)yahoo(dot)it (mauro)
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres performance
Date: 2005-02-23 10:29:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, I understand this is an super-older thread!! note: i like postgres
and not mysql!
I'm a Postgres server user: I've postgres 7.2 and 8.0 in many servers
and I've tested performance Postgres vs MySQL and I see Postgres is
very slow. But my question is: why? Cannot Postgres team make faster
because cannot change internal architecture?
Ok, postgres supports SUB-query and many super-feature, but mySQL now
supports it and is faster!