Set the permissions while creating database, schema, and tables

From: dipti shah <shahdipti1980(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Set the permissions while creating database, schema, and tables
Date: 2010-02-15 07:35:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Could anyone please help me out here. I want to set the required permissions
while creating PostGreSQL database, schema, and tables from stored
procedures. Is it possible to do it while creating them?

I could see that "OWNER" option is there while creating database but
couldn't see such option for schema or table. Please let me know if I missed
out something.

CREATE DATABASE sales OWNER salesapp TABLESPACE salesspace;

With above command, can I grant permission to particular group of users?

Thanks,
Dipti