Re: Does PostGreSQL support SSL inbuilt?

From: dipti shah <shahdipti1980(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Howard Cole <howardnews(at)selestial(dot)com>, tekniksupport(at)blogg(dot)se
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Does PostGreSQL support SSL inbuilt?
Date: 2010-02-03 06:41:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks a lot Robert and Howard. I got the information about how to set
server configuration to make SSL aware only. Please see below and let me
know if I am missing anything.

1. I need to switch on "ssl" attribute in postgresql.conf and compile the
server again.
2. In pg_hba.conf, I have to user "hostssl" method for all client
connection.

Also, after setting above configurations, if I connect to my database using
"psql -d Techdb -U postgres" then automatically it will be SSL connection or
I need to specify any option from client side?

Thanks,
Dipti