Re: Getting anchors from doc pages?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting anchors from doc pages?
Date: 2017-09-06 01:21:21
Lists: pgsql-www

On 9/5/17 19:21, Christophe Pettus wrote:
> OK, I am sure I am missing something obvious, but is there a way of getting a link that includes one of the subsection anchors, short of showing the HTML source and copying the #anchor out?

If you didn't get there via a table of contents entry, then probably not.

I have seen some documents here and there that automatically create
little links to fragments that you can copy out. I suspect that it's
some JavaScript overlay, not sure. I agree it would be useful. If
anyone has any idea, we can probably make this happen.