Re: foreign table creation and NOT VALID check constraints

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: foreign table creation and NOT VALID check constraints
Date: 2017-08-03 01:41:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2017/08/02 20:40, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 3:46 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>> If the user has specified "not valid" for a constraint on the foreign
>> table, there is high chance that s/he is aware of the fact that the
>> remote table that the foreign table points to has some rows which will
>> violet the constraint. So, +1.
>
> +1 from me, too.

Alright, thanks.

Attached is a patch. I think this could be considered a bug-fix,
backpatchable to 9.6 which introduced this behavior change [1].

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Amit

[1]
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=f27a6b15e656

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Honor-NOT-VALID-specification-in-CREATE-FOREIGN-TABL.patch text/plain 3.1 KB