Re: Assigning fixed OIDs to system catalogs and indexes

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Assigning fixed OIDs to system catalogs and indexes
Date: 2005-04-13 02:09:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes
> Is it possible to cluster system tables?

Ooops, I guess I mixed two concepts - oid and relfilenode. Those operations
change relfilenode but not oids. I don't think we could cluster system
tables.

template1=# select oid, relfilenode from pg_class where relname =
'pg_attribute_
relid_attnam_index';
oid | relfilenode
-------+-------------
16688 | 17239
(1 row)

template1=# reindex table pg_attribute;
REINDEX
template1=# select oid, relfilenode from pg_class where relname =
'pg_attribute_
relid_attnam_index';
oid | relfilenode
16688 | 17241
(1 row)

template1=# cluster pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index on pg_attribute;
ERROR: "pg_attribute" is a system catalog

Regards,
Qingqing