Re: Configure fails to find readline libraries

From: Scott Mead <scott(dot)lists(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Jeffrey Trimble <jtrimble(at)cc(dot)ysu(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Configure fails to find readline libraries
Date: 2009-05-19 23:38:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Jeffrey Trimble <jtrimble(at)cc(dot)ysu(dot)edu>wrote:

> Hi...Here's the output of that one:
> ldd /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so
> linux-gate.so.1 => (0xffffe000)
> libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7e9c000)
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb8055000)
> ddev:/ #

Not really sure what the problem is then, it's probably obvious but I'm
jet-lagged and running on low blood sugar /caffeine right now.

There are two versions of readline. REadline 5.2 and Readline 6.0 Readline
> 5.2 was installed during
> the suse linux installation but it never installed the readline.h file. Go
> figure.

The easiest way to deal with that is just to install the 'readline-devel'
package via YaST. That may help.

--Scott