Re: Make SSPI documentation clearer

From: Tomas Pospisek <tpo2(at)sourcepole(dot)ch>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Make SSPI documentation clearer
Date: 2023-10-14 14:58:46
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 10.10.23 22:51, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2023 at 09:55:43AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> I developed the attached patch.
>>
>> My first attempt was too terse, so here is a more detailed version,
>> attached.
>
> Patch applied back to PG 11.

Nice! Thanks a lot Bruce! And:

Stephen wrote:

>> Tomas wrote:
>>
>> - anybody here that has the guts, time and willingness to take the
>> supposed improvement and apply put it into the git repo?
>
> This isn't helpful and frankly is detrimental to getting this change
> included. We strive strongly to have a positive tone and focus on
> technical excellence.

Thanks a lot Stephen for this comment! I hope it will cause a more
important change on my side than my minuscule effort to improve the
docu. And sorry I didn't follow up - life piled up and I never came back
to this.

Many thanks Stephen, really, very appreciated and thanks Bruce for
picking up the ball!!!
*t