Re: Loading Oracle Spatial Data to Postgresql

From: Gilles Darold <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
To: "Ko, Christina" <christina(dot)ko(at)lmco(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Ho, Chuong" <chuongho(at)amazon(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Loading Oracle Spatial Data to Postgresql
Date: 2020-08-20 14:54:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Le 20/08/2020 à 16:30, Ko, Christina a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> I am running into issue using DMS to load oracle spatial data (oracle
> 11.2.0.3) to postgresql.
>
> Oracle table:
>
> CREATETABLESpatial_Tbl
>
> IDNUMBER(38,9),
>
> P_ID NUMBER(38,9),
>
> GEOMETRY MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY
>
> AWS DMS calls the SDO2GEOJSON custom function trying to load the data,
> but it failed and the Geometry columns in Postgresql was empty
>
> I also tried using SDO_UTIL.TO_GEOJSON utility and didn’t work either.
>
> I am looking for suggestions of how to load the geometry data from
> oracle 11.2.0.3 to oracle.
>
> Thanks in advanced for your help!
>
> Christina

Hi,

You can either use oracle_fdw or Ora2Pg. The first is a FDW extension
that will allow you to use a foreign table to upload the data into your
destination table and the second tool export data from the Oracle
database to plain text file or to your PostgreSQL table directly.

Best regards,

--
Gilles Darold
http://www.darold.net/