Re: postgresql on gentoo

From: "Sim Zacks" <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql on gentoo
Date: 2005-03-10 07:00:11
Lists: pgsql-general

It took me a while, but I finally figured out that the citext module did
not require a recompile, it just required all the compile information,
specifically the config.status file, which wasn't there.
After I extracted the sources and ran ./configure for postgresql, the
contrib module compiled very nicely.

I would think that emerge would keep all those sometimes needed
configuration files in the directory with the Makefile