Re: contrib/tsearch

From: martin_porter(at)softhome(dot)net (Martin Porter)
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: contrib/tsearch
Date: 2002-09-05 16:12:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oleg,

The Porter stemming stems herring and herrings to her, which is a bit
unfortunate. A quick fix is to put 'herring/herrings' in the exception list
in the english (porter2) stemmer, but I'll look at this case over the next
few days and see if I can come up with something a bit better.

Interesting that no one has reported this before.

Martin