Re: Dealing with tsvector in fuctions for data split

From: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dealing with tsvector in fuctions for data split
Date: 2007-08-06 17:27:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Oleg Bartunov writes:

> Francisco,
>
> you need to say us standard information about pg version

Postgresql 8.2 running in FreeBSD.

> error message you got.

ERROR: operator does not exist: text || tsvector

> Also, it'd be worth to show simplified version of your function, which
> demonstrates your problem.

I did include that.

>> The function looks like:
>> AS $$
>> DECLARE
>> v_sql TEXT;
>> BEGIN
>> v_sql := 'INSERT INTO messagecatalog_'||
>> to_char(NEW.timestampfield,'YYYY')||
>> '(field1, field2) values ('
>> ')';
>> EXECUTE v_sql;
>> RETURN NULL;
>> END
>> $$;

In the code above field1 is text and field2 is tsvector.

Basically I am trying to do partitioning. I have a master table, some
children which inherit from the master. Inserts will be redirected with a
trigger from the master to the children. The function I am having the
problem with is what the trigger calls to do the redirection.