Wildcard LIKE and Sub-select

From: "Travis Whitton" <tinymountain(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Wildcard LIKE and Sub-select
Date: 2006-11-10 15:23:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi everybody,
I have two tables of the following structure:

Table "keywords"

column | type
---------------------
id | integer
keyword | varchar(255)

and

Table "badwords"

column | type
badword | varchar(255)

I need to delete all the rows from the keywords table where badword
partially matches the keyword field. I know I can do an exact match with a
sub-select, but I'm not sure how to structure a wildcard match / like clause
with a sub-select. Also, is that the best way to do it, or should I be
looking into full-text? I have roughly 10 million keywords and 1 million
badwords.

Thanks,
Travis