Re: Why *exactly* is date_trunc() not immutable ?

From: "jungmin shin" <jungmin(dot)shin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why *exactly* is date_trunc() not immutable ?
Date: 2007-02-20 01:58:45
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a question about the query optimizer of a postgres.
As long as I understood through a postgres manual, the postgres query
optimizer is implemented using a *genetic algorithm.*

I'm thinking to modify the query optimizer.
Are there any postgres version which uses typical dynamic programming
approach for query optimization?
Also, are there any body who have tried to modify the optimizer?

jungmin