Re: "select ..... for update of ..." doesn't support full qualified table name?

From: Vlad <marchenko(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Matt Miller <mattm(at)epx(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "select ..... for update of ..." doesn't support full qualified table name?
Date: 2005-09-06 20:57:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom,

yes, this part is not well documented - specially double checked
before sendin email to the list.

Though question is - doesn't it seem logical to be able to use full
table names in FOR UPDATE part like I can use them in WHERE part (if I
don't need/want to use an alias)? Is it something postgresql speciffic
or it's SQL standard (pardon my ignorance)?

--
Vlad