initskript after db start; locks on transactions

From: Thomas Chille <thomas(dot)chille(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initskript after db start; locks on transactions
Date: 2005-08-03 21:33:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I have have two questions:

1.
What is the best approach to trigger a service script wich will clean
up something in the db after every db (re-)start? Has PG its own
mechanism for such things or have i to use my /etc/init.d/postgresql
script?

2.
Sometime i read something about locks on transactions. Is this only an
internal thing or can i set them by my own and if yes, for what? With
the LOCK command i can only lock tables, or?

Thanks for any help,
Thomas!