Re: Bugs details.

From: Erik Wienhold <ewie(at)ewie(dot)name>
To: Muhammad Salahuddin Manzoor <salahuddin(dot)m(at)bitnine(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bugs details.
Date: 2024-06-04 18:07:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2024-06-04 19:55 +0200, Muhammad Salahuddin Manzoor wrote:
> I need to get detailed information about PG bugs and fixes.
>
> I can get the information about new features and Fixes in the release
> document but I find only descriptions for each fix. I need detailed
> information about these fixes. How can I get details about the fix.
>
> Suppose the release document says.
>
> *Fix INSERT from multiple VALUES rows into a target column that is a domain
> over an array or composite type (Tom Lane)*
>
> I want to get more details about this fix. How can I search this. I want to
> reproduce it and demonstrate the fix. For that I need detailed information.

You can check the DocBook source of the release notes. Each item should
have a comment about the respective Git commits, e.g., [1] for the item
that you quoted. The commit messages usually link to the mailing list
thread where you may find more details.

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=doc/src/sgml/release-16.sgml;h=54860aa0e1dfb677ec16cf3672e07bfbd41d431e;hb=refs/heads/REL_16_STABLE#l130

--
Erik