Re: pgsql: Catalog changes preparing for builtin collation provider.

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Catalog changes preparing for builtin collation provider.
Date: 2024-03-12 00:10:32
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Another question is why it didn't fail on all the animals with
> similar
> Perl vintage.  My guess about that is that there's some configuration
> difference causing the Perl script to take slightly different code
> paths, but it's just a guess.

Sounds plausible.

> Yeah.  I was dismayed to find that there's no perlcritic check for
> this, because it sure seems like the kind of thing you don't want
> to invoke by accident.

Additionally, the delimiters can many characters, which makes simple
grepping harder.

I found a few cases -- attached a patch. Something is better than
nothing. I'm not sure that I got the /.*/ cases right, but they don't
seem to be expecting any output, so /.*/ seemed like the right pattern.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-perl-avoid-empty-regex-patterns.patch text/x-patch 4.6 KB