Import an XML file

From: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
To: PASCAL CROZET <pascal(dot)crozet(at)qualis-consulting(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Docs <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Import an XML file
Date: 2020-07-22 08:33:22
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 22.07.20 01:49, PASCAL CROZET wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to import XML file into PG database table.
>
> I've find functions to get the XML content of a cell after imported an
> XML file with the pg_get_file function.
>
> But, I want to explode the XML content to colums. How can I do this ?
>
> PG 10 under Ubuntu 18
>
> *_________________________________*
>
> Cordialement, *Pascal CROZET**
> *
>
> *DBA *- Qualis Consulting
>
> •300 Route Nationale 6 – 69760 LIMONEST

Pascal, your situation is unclear - at least for me. Please give us more
information concerning

* your pg_get_file function
* a short excerpt of your file
* the DDL of your table
* what is your understanding of a 'cell'?

Is this helpful:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/functions-xml.html ?

Kind regards, Jürgen Purtz