Re: ERROR: XX000: cannot update SecondarySnapshot during a parallel operation

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: fuzk <fuzk80_76(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: XX000: cannot update SecondarySnapshot during a parallel operation
Date: 2019-03-15 04:07:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On 3/14/19 7:12 PM, fuzk wrote:
> When I set max_parallel_workers_per_gather=0, the select statement can
> execute successfully. The problem has been solved. Thank you all very
> much. Alan

Well the problem has been hidden, not solved. It did establish that
invoking parallel query has something to do with it. There also the fact
that by max_parallel_workers_per_gather is set to 0 by default. So the
setting you had previously(32) would imply that someone wanted to use
parallel query. If it is re-enabled then you are back to the error. To
help solve the problem for yourself and others could you supply relevant
information to the this problem report:

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/4129

--
Adrian Klaver