PostgreSQL and Kubernetes

From: Moreno Andreo <moreno(dot)andreo(at)evolu-s(dot)it>
Subject: PostgreSQL and Kubernetes
Date: 2017-03-30 10:10:28
Lists: pgsql-general

<head>
</head>
Hi everyone,<br>
    I was googling around while searching stuff to finish my cluster
solution (already running in production in single-server mode) with
barman and pgbouncer, when I ran into this<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://hackernoon.com/postgresql-cluster-into-kubernetes-cluster-f353cde212de">https://hackernoon.com/postgresql-cluster-into-kubernetes-cluster-f353cde212de</a><br>
Since I'm on Google Cloud Platform, I thought it would be a good
idea to see what it offers. After a quick read, I found a comment
saying <br>
<b>"There was a series of comments by Kelsey Hightower about running
databases in Kubernetes, both at conferences and on Twitter; he
essentially says that you should absolutely NOT run your database
in a container/kubernetes pod/service/deployment, as databases
aren't built for type of dynamic scheduling that something like
kubernetes (or any other container management solution), due to
how they interact with the filesystem, network stack, and more.</b><br>
<b>Further more, he suggests that because of this lack of
integration, that if you do run your database in
kubernetes/docker, you are very likely to encounter data
corruption and data loss"</b><br>
What's your advice?<br>
Thanks in advance,<br>
Moreno<br>